Lead Pre-School Teacher
Resports to: Executive Director
Minimum Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Associated Degree Early Childhood Education program or Career Path Level 3.
- One year teaching experience.
- Ability to relate positively to young children, parents and staff.
- Strong working knowledge of Step Up to Quality and ODJFS rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Creative Curriculum.
- Effective and strong communication skills (orally and written)
- Develops, weekly plans, and implements age appropriate curriculum (lesson plan) to nurture and stimulate all domains of children’s development in their care.
- Provides a developmentally appropriate classroom environment that reflects the children’s learning and growth.
- Perform on-going developmental evaluations of children as required by funding sources and develop lesson plans and follow curriculum implementation that addresses the individual needs of each child.
- On an on-going basis, plan, evaluate and improve the physical environment in the classroom to create opportunities to meet the changing needs of the developing child.
- Provide responsive care to all children by adapting daily care giving routines and plans to the interests and needs of the individual child and the group.
- Prepare developmental progress reports as needed.
- Maintain ongoing, open communication with parents/ caregivers.
- Provide a classroom environment that encourages parent participation.
- Ensure that each family receives an opportunity to build strong relationships and experience clear communication with teaching staff.
- Plan periodical parent conferences to discuss children's developmental progress, needs and interests.
- Liaison with children's families to ensure smooth transition from home to child care setting and transitions from classroom to classroom when needed.
- Assist families with children's transitions from toddler to preschool and from preschool to kindergarten.
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely client and agency records; Completes daily meal and attendance records.
- Maintains up to date emergency forms, curriculum plans, individual child development profile and other records as needed.
- Completes and reports any symptoms of child abuse to supervisor and/or child abuse hotline.
- Completes daily health checks regarding hygiene, safety, and overall well being of the children.
- Completes ITERS/ ECERS with Associate Teacher and prepare developmental progress reports as needed.
- Assures a healthy, safe, clean and developmentally appropriate environment for children.
- Assist with functioning and monitoring of nutrition and food service.
- Assist with the supervision of staff and volunteers for child care setting.
- Conducts supervision on a weekly basis with Associate Teachers.
- Ensures that the Associate Teachers are kept updated in all matters concerning the classroom and program, i.e. Lead Teacher Meetings, lesson plans, policies & procedures, training received.
Interested applicants should forward resume to:
Wesley Education Center of Children and Families
525 Hale Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45229